Saturday, May 25, 2013

Occupational Therapy Effects



Alec started occupational therapy about 3 weeks ago and it has been wonderful.  He LOVES going!  Everyday he asks me if he gets to go to OT today.  The results from it have been great.  When we leave OT, that night and into the next day, he is SO calm and focused.  It’s amazing the difference I see in him.  His teacher has told me the same thing.  One day at school he was so quite and still that his teacher asked him is everything was OK.  He very calmly responded that he was good.


S0000000…I want more of this for him!  My husband and I decided to convert our dining room into a sensory playroom where he can go for all of his sensory needs.  We moved out our dining table!  So far we’ve covered the floor with large solid puzzle mats and got an enclosed trampoline.  I also put the slide  in there as well as the train table.  The train table I will convert into a sensory table.  My husband is planning on building a large ball pit from PVC pipes and netting.  I’m also going to make a large crash pad from a duvet cover that I have.  I want to have lots of bean bags, large exercise balls, and sensory balls to roll around on, crash, and bury himself as well as a cocoon swing.

I’ll keep an update on the progress we’re making… with pictures :)

1 comment: